Capcom has just announced the first free update coming to Monster Hunter World. It will arrive within the next weeks and will add the awaited Deviljho monster plus new gear and other changes.
Deviljho was already confirmed to be in the first update even before the release of Monster Hunter World. Now it will finally come with new craftable armor sets “Vangis α” and “Vangis β”. Capcom also stated on their blog that they will be also adding new entries to all 14 different weapon types. This includes new designs for Sword and Shield, Bow, Hunting Horn, Charge Blade and Insect Glaive.
The launch for the update will be on March 22 for PS4 (version 2.00) and Xbox One (version 18.104.22.168). Beside the new monster there are more changes coming like balance changes to almost any weapon but especially melee weapons as swords. For example Great Swords will receive a damage buff to charged slash abilities or the Gunlance that will also receive a damage buff and you the amount of sharpness that you lose while being under fire is getting reduced.
They are also talking about online griefing where players prevent their teammates from craving which results in a loss of rewards. With the update allies can no longer interrupt craving and players will be immune to all effects while craving after they have completed a quest. Furthermore they will also allow you to return to the gathering hub in single-player mode. In the multiplayer mode you will get the possibilities disband and return to the gathering hub after completing a quest. You can see the full list of changes on the Capcom blog.
On March 16 all of you will get a free character edit voucher which will be available through PlayStation Store and Xbox Store as a one-use item. You will then be able to customize your cheaters physical appearance and gender but not your Palico’s name or appearance. Later on you will be able to get additional vouchers if you want to make further changes to your character.
Weapon Balance adjustments
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability.
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active.
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks.
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase.
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use.
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use.
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial.
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
- Bow: fixed various bugs.
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made.
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made.
- Hunter gender;
- Hunter physical appearance (skin tone, features, etc.);
- Hunter cosmetic appearance (hairstyle, facepaint, etc.). Note you can already do these at any time;
- Hunter name;
- Palico name;
- Palico appearance;
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle