Second place finish, Bradl Keep Satisfied

MotoGP Laguna Seca finishing result, the United States, Sunday (21/7) seems to make Stefan Bradl happy smile. After the success of his first pole position in MotoGP, he managed to finish second and won his first podium.
German rider who defend the LCR Honda started racing in MotoGP since last year, and before the race this time, the result is the best finish a fourth place finish.
“For us, this result is very good. We do a good job over the weekend. Of course, expectations soared after I took pole. I know my speed is quite good and can go fast from the start. I have to try hard to do it since the start, “said Bradl.
Even so, in 2011 the Moto2 world champion admitted the race was quite difficult, especially after he was overtaken by Marc Marquez and must keep a distance of Valentino Rossi.
“I’m a bit of trouble. Full gas tank makes my front tire problem. When Marc overtook, I saw that he had a better grip and to expand its range. I also tried to keep a distance from Vale, and it is not easy. This race was very long and heavy, “he concluded.
Bradl has now climbed to sixth in the rider standings with 84 points, three ahead of occupants in seventh, Andrea Dovizioso of Ducati.

Honda’s Casey Stoner will wear As a Test Rider

casey stoner 460x306 Honda akan Pakai Casey Stoner Sebagai Test Rider

Honda Racing Corporation will ensure the use of former Honda MotoGP rider Casey Stoner as a test rider. 2 times world champion will test Honda RC213V MotoGP machine at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, Tochigi.
Stoner will perform 4 times testing there. In addition he will taste the motorcycle racing that will be used by some teams elected in MotoGP 2014.
“Almost 7 months ago I announced his resignation in Valencia and I remain comfortable and happy with the decision to quit racing motorcycles, although sometimes I miss driving a Honda RCV,” said Stoner.
“That is why I am very happy to accept the offer of HRC to do some testing at Motegi this year. I can not wait to drive RCV and find out how he has changed from last year. ”
Testing will take place in the next few months. Stoner will provide advice and input to the R & D Team HRC.

Crutchlow: This Season Worst

CALIFORNIA – Cal Crutchlow still regrets the MotoGP series raihannya in the United States, last week. In fact, the Tech 3 Yamaha rider feel this as his worst season.

In the last race at Laguna Seca, Sunday (07/21/2013), Crutchlow was only able to finish in seventh place. Drivers who are rumored to be moving to the Ducati was sorry to have to throw away the useless points.

“This is a very difficult situation. I feel really happy because I had to give up valuable points. This really is the worst season for me, “said Crutchlow as reported by the official MotoGP website.

The result leaves British rider finishing fifth MotoGP standings, which stood at 116 points. Therefore, Crutchlow will again focus on the race at Indianapolis after the break vacation.

“Now I have to look forward, one month is enough to rest before heading to Indianapolis” he concluded.

Vettel Wish Break ‘Curse’ Hungarian GP

Budapest – Hungary GP to be one race that has never been won by Sebastian Vettel in his career. The defending champion is hoping to be able to break the “curse” is before the holiday competition.

In six races in Budapest, Red Bull’s best achievement is just riding on the podium both occurring in 2011. Other four races there ended with a third place finish, once finished fourth and failed to finish once. While on his debut in this series, Vettel finished 16th while still defending Toro Rosso.

This season, Vettel has managed to get his first win as a cage aka GP race win and become champions Germany in Canada.

Vettel, is still firmly on top of the standings with a collection of 157 points, 34 points adrift of Fernando Alonso. Victory in Hungary will keep its distance from the closest rival.

“Hungary has some interesting memories for me,” said three-time world champion was quoted by Reuters.

“It was my first race with the Red Bull family. Lets hope I can add to my memories with a win there for the first time before I vacation,” hope Vettel.

F1 boss Ecclestone charged in bribery case

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been charged by German prosecutors with paying a $44 million bribe, placing his future as head of the motor sport series in doubt.

The 82-year-old British billionaire has been under investigation since a German banker was convicted of taking the payment from him in connection with the sale of a stake in F1.

The Munich state court said Ecclestone has until mid-August to respond to charges of bribery and incitement to breach of trust in connection with Gerhard Gribkowsky’s management of the bankBayernLB’s 47 percent stake in F1.

Ecclestone, the longtime commercial head of F1, acknowledged during Gribkowsky’s trial in 2011 that he made the payment five years earlier but said he was pressured to do so.

Ecclestone’s indictment was dated on May 10 and has since been translated into English and delivered to Ecclestone and his lawyers, the court said.

”The lawyers have accepted an indictment,” Ecclestone told The Associated Press. ”It means they have to reply to the indictment, which they are strenuously doing.”

Ecclestone, who Forbes magazine reports is worth $3.8 billion, said he is yet to read the indictment.

”They are alleging I bribed someone,” Ecclestone said, while insisting he did ”nothing illegal.”

Sentences in Germany for bribery range from three months to 10 years in prison.

CVC Capital Partners, the investment group that has owned F1’s commercial rights since 2006, issued no direct comment Wednesday about the future of Ecclestone.

”Mr. Ecclestone has six weeks to provide a response to this bill of indictment prior to a decision being made by the court on opening proceedings,” the board of Formula One Group said in a statement. ”The board will continue to monitor developments in this situation accordingly.”

Ecclestone was retained as chief executive of F1 by CVC after it took control of the sport following the takeover that sparked the bribery case.

Gribkowsky was in charge of selling BayernLB’s stake in F1 to CVC.

In addition to taking the money from Ecclestone, Gribkowsky used BayernLB’s funds to pay the F1 chief a commission of $41.4 million and agreed to pay a further $25 million to Bambino Trust, a company with which Ecclestone was affiliated, prosecutors said during the trial in 2011.

Ecclestone told the court he deserved a commission for the sale, saying ”I did a very, very good job.”

On Wednesday, he told the AP: ”They wanted money. I was shaken down by the guys. It’s happened in life before.”

Gribkowsky, who has largely admitted the charges, was sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison after being found guilty last year of corruption, tax evasion and breach of trust.

Ecclestone’s German lawyers, Sven Thomas and Norbert Scharf, said they will soon submit a ”comprehensive response” to the court – and the central issue in that response will be ”the varying ‘confessions’ of Mr. Gribkowsky.”

Ecclestone was savvy in building his power base in F1 from the 1970s and helped to create the Formula One Constructors’ Association that controlled the business side of the sport, including selling the TV rights.

The British-based company later became known as Formula One Management. It has fought regular tussles with the teams over finances, but has retained control of the global motor racing series.

CVC, having amassed a 63 percent stake of F1, has reduced its holding as other investors have come on board in recent years, although a planned flotation has stalled.

Ecclestone’s holding has been diluted to about 5 percent.

Geir Mouslon in Munich contributed to this report.

Sean Should Satisfied Finish 15th at Norisring Germany

Sean Harus Puas Finish ke-15 di Norisring Jerman

Although they had to settle for finishing in 15th position, the young Indonesian driver, Sean Gelael successfully demonstrated one of his best performances as a rookie on a street circuit, Norisring – Germany. Sean is now 16 years-old, and is the youngest driver in the FIA ​​Formula 3 European, managed to achieve the best results, ie the position 15 of the 28 riders in the third race.
In the second race, Sean finished in the top 20, while in the first race, Sean had an accident and was not able to finish the race.
At the time of the qualifying session race 1, Sean managed to record real time odds just 0.678 seconds ahead of the first order that Felix Rosenqvist. When racing himself, Sean competing with the Australian, Mitchell Gilbert, and drivers from New Zealand, Nick Cassidy.

Naas happens when Sean Mitchel collided with Gilbert. ?? I try to avoid Mitchel who was in front of me, I braked, but the wheels locked vehicle, and the vehicle can not be controlled, so I can not avoid Mitchel,?? Sean bright.
But the accident, Sean did not affect performance in the second race. ?? Consequences of a collision in the first race, the race 10-15 in the second round, I was very careful. As a result, of the 23 positions at the start, I was passed by a few riders behind me. After that, I returned to find my own rhythm, and managed to pass a few riders in front of me?? Sean said.

?? Race at Norisring circuit is quite remarkable. Each rider must always drove like crazy at every opportunity. We must put the vehicle as close as possible to the wall to be able to increase the speed, and it is actually very difficult, especially for the novice driver like me,?? he said again.
In the third race, Sean drove smoothly, even able to avoid some of the accidents that occurred in front of him, so managed to finish in 15th position. Starting from position 22, Sean managed to start well. But in the first corner, where there is often an accident, Sean chose to play it safe by taking the middle path. Nevertheless, the Swiss rider, Sandro Zeller had crashed into the rear tire Sean vehicle, which resulted in the distance with the vehicle in front of Sean being widened.

?? Due to the wide range, I think I should try harder to follow the drivers in front of me. At first I tried to increase the speed as much as possible during the first two rounds, but in the end I realized I’d better finish consistently to achieve, and maintain my position,?? she said.
After Norisring, Sean will continue the race in Spa Francorchamps circuit, Belgium, which is the second round of the British Formula 3 Championship. In the first round of the British Formula 3, Sean appeared incredible, successfully climbed the podium twice at Silverstone UK. Racing in Belgium will take place June 25 through July 27, 2013.

?? Momentum of the last few games will be my lunch in Spa Belgium. From the results I got, I believe that I was able to begin to catch up and compete in the top middle of the race. And I am also glad, that races later in the year, will be carried out in the circuits that I know enough, like Hockenheim and Zandvoort. It will be very helpful to me,?? he hoped.

Lorenzo: Fall Again? My career fail!

Jorge Lorenzo Guerrero (Foto: Reuters)

MONTEREY – Jorge Lorenzo claimed had anxiety and fear when undergoing series Laguna Seca, early yesterday. Under conditions of the shoulder is still injured, the champions hit by fears of a career that could have been completed if back in an accident.

Previously, Lorenzo crashes twice in a row in Assen and Sachsenring and make a broken left collarbone. Must be fitted with a titanium plate was a medical team to fix broken bones Lorenzo.

But in the United States last GP, Lorenzo remains down. Yamaha Factory jockey admitted relieved not able to play due to finish the race with points (sixth) and most importantly, no more accidents because if it happens, will not only finish his journey this season but also can force closes early career.

“I feel proud and relieved, finally. Race yesterday I was in a difficult and dangerous situation. Because if I crash for the third time and also had surgery three times, this season or even a career I could run, “said Lorenzo.

“We avoid the situation. Now I am sure that I will (appear) more perfect in Indy (Indianapolis GP) and scramble back to fight another victory, “he added, as quoted by Autosport, Tuesday (07/23/2013).

Entering pause this summer, X-Fuera berujuluk racers did not want to diving activities other than rehabilitation and recovery: “I have not been feeling great, it took a month or more without anesthesia practice as well as two normal,” he added.

“At mid-race to the end (series Laguna), I felt dizzy. I look even worse. Not to mention the performance of my bike that is not working properly when warm-up session, “added Lorenzo.
(raw)

 

‘Conditions Not Cause Problems Circuit in Silverstone Tyres’

Silverstone – The Pirelli reveals several possible causes of tire burst incidents including curbs fringe circuit conditions. Allegation was immediately denied by the manager of Silverstone Circuit.

In the British Grand Prix at Silverstone Circuit on Sunday (06/30/2013) evening local time, there were at least four riders who had broken tire.

Over the incident, the tire supplier arena racing, pole, Pirelli, promised to conduct an investigation. Although reluctant to speculate, they already mentioned some estimates about the cause of several incidents at Silverstone.

On suspicion of curb suburban conditions unsafe, President of the British Racing Drivers Club, Derek Warwick, direct defense.

“Fringe curbs has been used since 2009. We’ve seen a lot of cars drove through the outskirts of the curb, and they are not having problems,” said Warwick as reported by Reuters.

“We ensure the outskirts curbs have been checked by the FIA and the edges of it in accordance with applicable regulations.”

“We have to ensure a good race here at Silverstone, to bring the audience back to the circuit next year. So, if say I panicked a statement that it is an understatement,” he added.

Red Bull help Austria Grand Prix seal a Formula One return in an increasingly packed 2014 schedule

A July 6 date was confirmed on Tuesday by Red Bull, the energy drinks company founded by Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz, which owns the eponymous Red Bull Formula One team and also the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg in the Styrian Alps.

Mateschitz is a close friend of F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.

The Red Bull statement simply said: “Dietrich Mateschitz [Red Bull owner] and Bernie Ecclestone have reached agreement to the effect that Formula 1 will come back to Styria next year.”

The Red Bull Ring, formerly known as the A1-Ring, was mooted as a possible venue to fill the gap left vacant in this calendar by the withdrawal of the New Jersey GP.

Although in the end no deal was struck, Mateschitz has made no secret of his desire to see Formula One return to the circuit. The deal will be taken as a sign of his increasing power and influence.

A beautiful venue, its remote location and lack of infrastructure has counted against it, although Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko was adamant last winter that such concerns were “nonsense”, arguing that it “managed well enough in the 1970s and 1980s”. It hosted its last race in 2003 before Red Bull revamped it.

The July 6 date has already caused plenty of speculation about what the knock-on effect might be on the rest of the calendar.

With the governing body ruling out a clash with Le Mans 24 Hours (June 14-15) from now onwards, there are plenty of races and few spare weekends. Russia and New Jersey are both due to join the calendar, which could make 22 in total if all 19 from this season survive.

Added to the return of in-season testing, and winter testing starting earlier than usual due to the advent of the 1.6-litre turbo engines, 2014 looks like being the longest and busiest season in Formula One history.

As crashes mount, Hamlin should consider backing off

LOUDON, N.H. — Denny Hamlin’s Sprint Cup season has been an unwanted procession of alarming impacts that have forced a decision potentially as jarring as a 200-mph collision with a concrete wall.

It’s time for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver to weigh whether it’s worth continuing to race in NASCAR’s premier series this year.

The insurmountable reality of mediocre results and increasingly cringe-worthy crashes are screaming that it isn’t.

Hamlin has reached a self-proclaimed threshold where season-ending back surgery would make more sense than finishing out the string of a campaign tainted by portentous wrecks. The growing piles of mangled sheet metal carry a message that seems unmistakable: Sorry kid, this isn’t your year.

Since returning from the wreck at Fontana, Calif., that fractured his back and sidelined him for four races, Hamlin’s miracle bid for making the Chase for the Sprint Cup has dimmed at an accelerated rate. After courageously returning with consecutive top-five finishes at Darlington Raceway and Charlotte Motor Speedway, Hamlin started on the pole position June 2 at Dover International Speedway. A blown tire sent his No. 11 Toyota rocketing into the wall and triggered a significant downturn in his fortunes.

He has crashed the past three weekends — in practice at Sonoma Raceway and in races at Kentucky Speedway and Daytona International Speedway.

As physically taxing as the year has been, there are signs it has been as mentally draining, too.

According to David Smith’s MotorsportsAnalytics.com (a site that offers NASCAR analysis via sabermetrics-style advanced statistics), Hamlin’s terminal crash frequency (measuring the rate at which he is being eliminated from races by wrecks) is a series-high 0.31 this year. In the last seven years, the highest mark posted during a season is 0.25 (Ward Burton in 2007).

It’s worth pondering whether Hamlin, who was so focused and steady last season despite stumbles by his team, is pressing too hard to earn the victories needed for the Chase. A breather might help as much in clearing his mind as fully healing his body.

With each sickening thud, it’s more agonizing watching Hamlin walk gingerly from his battered Camry to a waiting ambulance, particularly when there seems little left at stake.